Who doesn’t love a good ole’ blueberry muffin?? I’m a sucker for blueberries; Especially this time of year when they’re in season being full of flavor & extra sweet. Pop them into a bread & that’s a good start to the morning.
These bakery style blueberry muffins incorporate blueberries in two different ways: Fresh blueberries & blueberry jam. The blueberry jam is used as one of the sweeteners while also adding an extra layer of blueberry flavor. We love blueberries so we go all out making these babies burst with the nutrient rich little berries. Anti-inflammitory, full of minerals, & the fiber from both the berries & whole-grain oats will keep you satisfied for the early morning.
So what makes them bakery style?? Some styles of blueberry muffins add different fruits or citrus such as a splash of lemon for a fresh flavor & a little zing. In my bakery style blueberry muffins, I add cinnamon & almond extract into the batter & cinnamon sugar on top. These muffins pop with the fresh blueberries yet also turn super cozy with the spices added . You’ll be picturing yourself in a warm nook of a bakery enjoying a cozy, crumbly muffin along with a cup of jo.
Side Note: For the best flavor, pick a higher quality blueberry jam. I like this Stonewall Kitchen flavor of jam because it has whole little blueberries all throughout it. The hint of vanilla also adds a nice touch.
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg (roomtemp)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup blueberry jam
- 3 ounces butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, & cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, honey, blueberry jam, melted butter, & almond extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 2 increments alternating with the milk. Stir until dry ingredients are just incorporated. Fold in the blueberries.
- Stir together the tablespoon of sugar & 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Top muffins with cinnamon sugar & a couple oats.
- Bake muffins for about 16-18 minutes.